Understanding TVM’s Limitations as a Venue (Buyers Rules)
The Veteran Markey (referred to as “TVM” throughout this policy) provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with veteran and military spouse sellers around the United States of America. It is important to note, however, that TVM is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on TVM, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from TVM, but from one of the many veteran and military spouse sellers on TVM;
- TVM does not pre-screen sellers (except to verify the military status) and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on TVM or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
- Each seller on TVM accepts different payment methods and has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
As a member of the TVM community, you have the opportunity to alert TVM about an item or a shop that violates any of TVM’s policies. Any reporting or alerting is confidential.
Communicating with Other TVM Members
You can use TVM’s chat function to communicate directly with sellers or other TVM members. TVM Chat is a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. TVM Chat may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on TVM. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via TVM Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
Any use of TVM Chat to harass other members, to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. If you receive a message in the TVM Chat that violates this policy, please report it right away.
Purchasing an Item on TVM
When you buy from a shop on TVM, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on TVM, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
You also agree to comply with our Checkout Policy when you use TVM’s Checkout payment platform, and our Gift Card Policy when you purchase or redeem an TVM Gift Card.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items and reputation, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five-star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 60 days after your item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 60 day period.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that:
- Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
- Reviews and photographs may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, TVM or a third party; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Extortion is not allowed on TVM. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on TVM. Examples of extortion include the following:
- A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
- A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted.
- Shilling is not allowed on TVM. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
By uploading a photograph to TVM’s website, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of TVM, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, TVM Chat, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
TVM’s Case System
Although TVM is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a customer service case system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can use TVM’s customer service case system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery, or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. You can file a case under the following circumstances:
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the TVM receipt or was not verified through TVM Chat or USPS address verification.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not as Described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of Not as Described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
The following are not eligible for TVM’s case system:
- Items that have been purchased in person
- Intangible items, services, or prohibited items
- Transactions where payment is not made through TVM’s Direct Checkout payment platform
- Items that are returned without a return agreement
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays
- Cancelled transactions that have already resulted in a refund
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via TVM Conversations.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns.